Friday, August 17, 2012

Just for Fun

  My friend Bethany chose me to participate in this 'game' some other bloggers are doing.  Here are the rules taken directly from Bethany's blog My Kind of Wonderful.


The rules

*Post 11 random facts about myself 


*Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in my post (200 followers or less). 

*Tell the chosen bloggers that I’ve tagged them. 
*Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked me, and give 11 questions to the people I’ve tagged. I'm not allowed to tag back the blogger who chose me.

11 Random Facts about myself

1.  I LOVE blue cheese. I could eat it by the spoonful. Really.
2.  I am obsessed with oral hygiene. Not many people know this, but I always had a toothbrush and toothpaste in my locker in high school. At least once a day(usually after lunch), I would ask for a bathroom pass so I could go brush my teeth.
3.  I only like reading non-fiction books.  I do not enjoy reading fiction except for the classics I read to my kiddos. Maybe it is because I lack imagination. lol
4.   I absolutely hate horror movies or anything with gore, but I can enjoy an occasional psychological thriller.
5.  I did not fly in an airplane for the first time until I was 20 years old. However, both of our children have flown before their 1st birthdays.
6. Both of our children were born in November. Their birthdays are four days apart. We definitely didn't plan it that way, but it is super convenient to just have one birthday party! Luckily they have the same friends and don't mind sharing the same party day.
7.  My husband and I pretty much eloped. We got married by a Justice of the Peace in Cheyenne, WY on a snowy Wednesday in December. Our witnesses were some guys he had met on his flight two months prior.  We planned on having a formal reception in IL that spring, but I got pregnant with Lynsey two months after we got married so I had a baby shower instead!
8.  I've been married for almost 8 years and have only spent 2(or maybe 3) Christmases with my husband. *sigh* military life. The same goes for wedding anniversaries.
9.   I always planned on having a big family, and I thought we would have at least 4 children by now. My plans apparently were not God's plans, but I'm blessed that He gave me two perfect children.
10.  My ultimate dream would be to have my own homestead and live totally self-sufficiently and off-the-grid with my family.
11.  I never really liked the name Jessica. I don't really know why; I just don't like the sound of my name.

I don't have 11 people to tag back, but I thought this would be fun to do anyway.
Here are my answers to the 11 questions Beth asked. 
The 11 questions to answer...
1. Who's your BFF?
Jeff, of course! 
2. What were you like in High School?
Anything that is posted on the internet can never be deleted, right? Well, in the event that my children may one day stumble upon this post, I will say that I was a studious and obedient young lady who always did exactly what my parents told me to do.

3. Any pets?
Nope, and I really have no desire to have any either. Jeff is gone too much even when he isn't deployed, therefore most if not all of the responsibility would be on me. No thanks.

4. What's one website you check daily?
FB so I can message Jeff and see how his day went

5. Your best restaurant horror story.
I really can't think of anything, surprisingly. You would think as a mom of two that I would have some good ones, but I'm drawing a blank.

6. Your favorite cartoon you used to watch growing up.
Ducktales

7. If you could excel at one thing, what would it be?
I have always wanted to speak Japanese fluently.

8. What has been your favorite birthday?
My 23rd birthday. I was pregnant with Lynsey, and it was my very first OB appointment ever. I got my first sonogram picture of her when she still looked like a little peanut.

9. How long do you take in the shower?
I take looooong showers, usually 20 minutes or longer. I know it isn't very "eco-friendly", but that is the only time I get to myself.

10. Your favorite TV show, current or past.
Past--Friends   Current--Mad Men

11. What's your favorite event to watch during these Summer Olympics?
I did not watch the Olympics at all.

  Thanks, Beth!  This was fun!!
By the way, give Beth a follow at My Kind of Wonderful!  It is a great blog!!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you eloped! You should share that story sometime - you describe it beautifully. "We got married by a Justice of the Peace in Cheyenne, WY on a snowy Wednesday in December." You make it sound very cozy and sweet. I mean that completely seriously by the way. (I'm sarcastic enough that I sometimes feel the need to stress when I'm being sincere.) lol

    ReplyDelete