Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veterans' Day



On Veterans' Day, I always remember the sacrifices made by all of the men and women who have fought for our country. I am especially thankful for the hero who leads our family. My husband has proudly served as an active duty member of the USAF since 2002. He is fully committed to his job and his country. He genuinely cares about the young airmen that he supervises. Jeff prays for his co-workers every single day; he is concerned when they are having life struggles. Not only does Jeff truly care about his fellow airmen, but also he loves America with all of his heart. Most of all, though, Jeff successfully leads our family while serving his country. Whether he away overseas or beside me in bed, I can count on his level head and discerning heart to lead me. I feel so loved and cherished by him. I am so thankful that our children have him as their father. He loves Lynsey and Jackson so much and makes a point to spend most if not all of his free time with them. Even if their daddy is fighting for freedom thousands of miles away, they can still feel wrapped up in his love. So today I want to say thank you to all of our American airmen, soldiers, marines, and sailors, but I especially want to thank my husband. Jeff, I am grateful not just for your service to our country, but also for your service to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment