Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy birthday, Jackson!

To my Jacky-bo-bo,
You have taught me so much during the 4 years you have been on Earth. You have taught me patience. You have taught me that each child, even within a family, is different. You have helped me be a better mom.
I love how you always have to do things in your own way, in your own time. You don't want to be pushed, but long to discover the answer on your own. I love watching you investigate your world and testing your surroundings. Your hands on way of learning has made it so fun for me to be your teacher.
You are so willful and determined. I'll be honest, Mommy didn't quite appreciate this about you when you were younger. I struggled with lack of sleep because you were instant to nurse every hour. You knew what you wanted, though, and you were determined to get it:-) I prayed so hard to God when you were a toddler and the discipline didn't quite seem to be working on your defiant heart. You have shown me that although you are my child, you are God's child first. He has had you in his hand even before I knew you were conceived. You have blossomed into such a joyful and obedient little boy, that those days of never ending discipline are almost gone from my memory. Your stubbornness which once seemed like a hindrance, is now like a blessing. I have seen you stand your ground very firmly when children much older than you try to lead you astray. You have your own mind and are your own person. I know your determination will lead you to do great things.
You love everyone in your life with your whole heart. You make me feel like I am the greatest, most loved mommy in the whole world. Although it is a bit sad to see you grow more independent to me, I love the awesome relationship that I see growing between you and Daddy. I know that he loves it when you call him your buddy. You are Sissy's biggest fan, and I know that she feels very important to be called your big sister. You fill us so full of love, we could burst at the seams!
I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment